Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Kurly Klips: Clip In Review


I've just got my hand on Kurly Klips, Naturally kinky curly clip in hair extensions. Over the last few years weave technology has been getting better and better, with the popularity of  of naturally kinky coily hair you can now get your hands on 'natural' textured weaves made from 100% human hair. This great but personally I'm not a huge fan of sew in weaves, I like to get to my scalp easily so it can breath, it's also a style that I feel is dependent on seeing a stylist. So new line Kurly Klips seemed like a great concept as they have the effect of a sew in weave but you can apply them in less the 10 minutes at home!


 Kurly Klips are made from 100% Remi Human hair, they come in two different textures, 'My Spirals' and 'My Fro' and come in 3 different lengths 'Black Mermaid' 'Bobcat' and 'Shoulder Chic'


 I was sent 'My Fro' in 'Shoulder Chic' in colour natural black, they come in packs of 7, which include: 1 X 10 inch weft
1 X 6 inch weft
5 X 3 inch weft
I got two packs and used 10 of the wefts, due to my side being cut low, most people will need to packs for a full head.


The Kurly Klips are simple to use, I parted the section of hair that I want to use to cover the wefts (I left the front of my hair) and flat twisted the rest of my hair vertically and applied Kurly Klips diagonally starting from my nape using the 3 inch wefts and working my way up. (see video below via Kurly Klips YouTube Channel)



'My Fro' texture is tightly coiled but defined, over time I think the hair will appear more textured but it arrived looking natural and feels really soft. the roots are silkier than the ends but I think it blends well. The hair can be washed and and coloured. I love how versatile the Kurly Clips are, you can go big and bold or just add a little length and body to your hair. for a pack of 7 wefts it's $179.99 (which is around £118.00) which works out quite well seen as you are cutting out the cost of installation and you can put them in and take them out when you want to. Kurly Klips also offer free WORLDWIDE shipping. 




I'll definitely be rocking these while I grow out my current hair cut, the clips are stress free for my hair and also for my lifestyle and I can't wait to experiment with Kurly Klips!  

No comments:

Post a Comment