Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Multi Tasking Oil: Jamaican Black Castor Oil

8oz Bottle

Those of you that follow me on twitter will know I've been raving about Jamaican Black Castor Oil (£13.90 8OZ) I've incorporated the oil as a part of my simplified hair and skin care regime.

Hair: I'm still wearing my hair in low maintenance mini twists (as I contemplate my loc journey) JBCO is the best oil I've used in terms of sealing in moisture. I applied to my wet to damp hair and leave to air dry and my hair is left soft to the touch and super lustrous! and doesn't leave my hair oily to the touch.

Scalp: The day before I shampoo I use JBCO on my scalp as an intensive scalp treatment on the weaker parts of my scalp (I have thin area on my crown) I have mixed it with peppermint oil (a stimulant) and use as part of my head massage to get the circulation going!.

Skin: I use JBCO on my skin daily, just a very small amount (it goes a long way) work in the same vain as sealing the moisture into my hair.

A little goes a very long way, and though it is thicker than many oils is not as thick as regular castor oil and absorbs nicely.

On Hair....

JBCO-100% PURE - NO MINERAL OIL, NO SALT, NO ADDITIVES
Sometimes referred to as raw/unrefined JBCO, this oil is pressed from organic castor bean which is grown and produced on a farm out in St. Thomas, Jamaica. 

It is not as thick nor sticky as the organic Indian castor oil we supply and has a slight smoky scent.  Fantastic as a hot oil treatment, it can also be applied externally to soothe dry skin- Akua Wood


...and Skin

I purchased this oil from the Sheabutter cottage after being given a 10ml sample. they accept paypal

No comments:

Post a Comment